Friday, May 16, 2008

In Case You Were Wondering.........

What the Drapers have been up to, I got some pics for ya


rows

I guess you could say I think in rows.

Here's a closer look at the cabbage
cabbage
as you can see we put brown paper feed sacks around these cabbage plants and covered them with ashes. That's supposed to keep the bugs away but I've also noticed that they are bigger than the cabbage plants that don't have ashes around them.

braccoli
That would be a broccoli plant.

This year we decided to try growing potatoes in mulch. so far so good.
taters

I also planted onions in between the new strawberry plants for the sake of space;
Photobucket
Now I'm wondering just how good of an idea that was (note the runners growing between the onions)

peas
English peas. not yet at their peak... er I hope anyway, so far we haven't picked enough to do anything with.

Some beans of course (green and shell)
beans

closer
bean

southern peas just sprouted this weeksouthern peas

1 comment:

{ jessica } said...

How beautiful! Makes me miss home...

 
blog design by Paperback Designs