Friday, January 28, 2011

Tribute to a Patriarch


Wednesday, January 19, my Father-in-Law passed away, being 85 years of age.

He was the last living parent of both Tim and I.

Tim’s mother passed away in April of 2007 (at the age of 82).

My parents passed away in 1988 (Mom, at the age of 55) and 1995 (Dad, 70 yrs old).

It’s a strange thing to ponder, the death of one’s own parents and the fact that all four of our parents are gone. I’m sure some of you have gone through it.

But my father-in-law was a Christian. He believed in the Lord Jesus Christ as his Savior and is now with his Savior.

He loved Jesus Christ with all his heart.

He taught the Word of God in Bible study classes.

In my first few years as a new believer (30 years ago), I learned a lot through his teaching. The Lord really used that teaching to jumpstart me into spiritual growth.

My father-in-law raised 4 children, one of those being my husband.

He taught my husband, who I love very much, the Christian faith, discipline, and to love his wife (and to see nothing but the good in her), for which I am very grateful.

That Godly patriarch left behind 4 children, 16 grandchildren (half of those come from Tim and I), and 14 great grandchildren (3 from our son) with 3 more great grandchildren on the way (1 from our daughter).

He also left a few material goods behind, but those, of course, are not important.

What’s important is, and I believe he would agree, is the legacy of the family he left on this earth to not only carry on the Draper name, but to carry on the name of Jesus Christ, the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, the Creator of all things, who is God in the flesh, who died for the sins of HIS people.

THAT’S A LEGACY!!! The way it’s suppose to be.


Robert L. Draper: 2007

Robert L. Draper

Sept. 25, 1925 - Jan. 19, 2011

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. [2 Cor. 5:8]

Jesus said, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. [John 11:25,26]


No comments:

 
blog design by Paperback Designs