Monday, October 1, 2012

Our Dog Gets Babied Today.

Sunday I noticed that our dog, Tayla, was limping and having a real hard time putting weight on her right foreleg. She couldn't even climb up the front steps of the house where she likes to lay in front of the entry door.
Jordon said she had a tumble down a hill and it seemed she must have pulled a muscle up at the shoulder.
This morning, I was looking at the rain coming down on this cool (60*) first day of October and I saw her in the back yard underneath an unfinished chicken tractor (roof, but no sides), shivering.
I don't know why she won't go into her roomy warm dog house.
I took her some food along with some fresh milk, but she just laid there, not interested.
So I took pity on her and had one of the boys carry her into the utility room to recover where Boaz can pamper her.

He put all his jackets down for her to lay on and a bath towel on her for a blanket; much to Johanna's disapproval. It was her towel.
I told her it would wash.


One condition had to be met for her to stay in the house.
The dreaded bath!

After the bath with someone else's bath towel.


3 comments:

Laurel said...

Poor puppy!

Steve "scotju" Dalton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve "scotju" Dalton said...

I could never give my Chow-Chow a bath. She would put up such a fight, I would end up getting more of a bath than she did! So I take her to Petsmart once a year, wheather she needs it or not!

 
blog design by Paperback Designs