Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Our Newly Born Granddaughter

On February 19, our 2nd granddaughter, Kaylee Marie, was born. She weighed 7 lb 1oz and was 20 inches long.
Mom and baby are doing great.
This is the 5th grandchild for Tim and I, but not the last. Our oldest daughter is expecting her 2nd child in July. And I'm sure that one won't be the last one either.

There's always such excitement and anticipation for us as we wait for a new grandchild to be born.
I hope that sentiment never goes away.
And for me, there is always the remembering back to when I was having babies. I think back to the circumstances we were in when each one was born and how I felt, physically and emotionally.
I want to be sensitive to my children's (and their spouses) needs and wishes as they have their children.

Kaylee's 3 siblings, Allen, Natasha, and Titus stayed with us for a couple of days while she was in the process of making her appearance.
The day after she was born we took them to see their new sister. Of course they were excited and after coming back home to Grandma's for one more day and night, all 4 year old Natasha could think about was getting back to her house to be with her new sister.



2 comments:

Steve "scotju" Dalton said...

Congrats on the new granddaughter!

Charlotte said...

Thanks, Steve.
We are excited about every grandchild that is born. We thought it especially exciting this time with the birth of our 2nd granddaughter, among the 3 grandsons. Also, our oldest daughter is expecting her 2nd child in July.

 
blog design by Paperback Designs